Wednesday, June 17, 2009

fly with me

"if it's you and me forever,
if it's you and me right now
that'd be alright, be alright."

you may be wondering why i don't have a picture to accompany this post. the answer is quite simple: no single picture can possibly describe everything that's going through my mind right now. 
i've been listening to the new jonas brothers cd for the past day or so, and one song in particular caught my attention.. like everything else that i come to love, this song did not make an impact on me at first. it wasn't until i listened to the lyrics that i became increasingly attached. i have a feeling that this song was written about a girl, but the way i interpret it is pretty different. it basically describes how i'm feeling about everyone and everything around me at this very moment in time. 
to me, the lyrics depict an amazing, momentous time.. one so cherished that it doesn't even matter if it lasts forever. just being in the moment is the best thing possible. 
the school year is practically over, and of course i'm happy. there have been so many highs and lows that everything is kind of a blur by now. it isn't the great memories that make me so grateful for this year, however. i think i am so thrilled because i made it through the year and learned so much about myself and others. without those low low low points this year, i wouldn't have realized my strengths and weaknesses.. and without those lovely high points, i wouldn't have discovered those people who actually care about me and who think i will succeed. this year has shaped who i am.
getting back to the point.. none of these things matter at this time. no one really cares about that chem test or math final or grand conversation anymore. everyone is done with their assignments for the year. it's over. there isn't any stress in the atmosphere. people are just going with the flow and taking things as they arrive. if everything could stay like this forever, "that'd be alright." but then again, the fact that there was so much stress this year makes times like these so beautiful.. so the fact that it's only right now is indeed "alright." 

No comments:

Post a Comment