Saturday, May 2, 2009

embracing my culture

i haven't updated in SOOOO long! i think it's been about 2 weeks.. not that anybody reads this anyway. haha. let's get this started!
okay, so over the past few weeks i think i've become rather attached to my asian roots. i'm absolutely positive that it started the day i met quest crew. i never really embraced my culture before then. i'm afraid to admit that i was actually embarassed of being a part of the asian community, but i'm not sure why. as sad as that may be, i am truly grateful that i am finally able to be proud of the one thing i cannot change in my life. i just wish i would have opened my eyes (no asian pun intended, hahaa) sooner to this marvelous feat that i now love. 
i have found a special place in my heart for each person that has also embraced their culture, from far east movement and quest crew to wong fu productions and david choi. just watching their videos on youtube and reading their blogs online has given me a life's worth of inspiration. it takes a great deal of courage, perseverance, and most of all, passion, to try to make a difference in a community full of young minds not always open to new things. for this, all of these artists, and ones i did not mention, have my utmost respect. 
i apologize for slacking off a bit on my search for daily beauty. however, i think this constitutes for a whole day's, week's, month's, and lifetime's worth of beauty: CULTURE. without it we would be nothing, and because of it, everyone is able to fit in somewhere in the world. if you are reading this, i challenge you: embrace your culture. no matter where you are from or where you're going, it is a wonderful thing that's too important to pass up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment