Wednesday, May 6, 2009

movement

third post of the week! wooooo! haha. i really need to write, since there's so much stress in the atmosphere. it's quite calming and makes me reflect on everything that's happening. 
when i came home early today after testing, i immediately fell asleep. when i woke up from my longer-than-expected nap, i was driven to turn on the tv and search through my long list of DVR recordings. it may have been the best thing i could have done, actually. uncharacteristically, i skipped through my usual gossip girl repeats and disney music videos until i found what i was compelled to watch. 
i'm not exactly sure what made me want to stop looking, but i paused as my eyes read "so you think you can dance." i hadn't watched that show in about 8 months, but something was appealing about it. i wanted to relive those enticing moments that made me fall in love with dancing week after week during the summer. i wanted to see something that made me want to get up and change the world without saying a single word. most of all, though, i wanted to witness some of the most gorgeous moments i have seen in my life during this time of never ending stress.
as soon as the clips from the season started rolling, i was drawn in as if i had never seen something so marvelous before. when the dancers performed their routines, i couldn't help but stand up and move closer to the tv, wishing with all my heart to be a part of something so moving. i even became a bit jealous that people had the skills to express themselves so beautifully and i didn't. (i've been begging my mom to let me take dance lessons for years, just to be shot down with a playful, yet burning, "you're not coordinated enough.")
obviously, my beauty find of the day relates to dancing. but i'm going to widen the category even more to include all forms of expression through movement. i find it absolutely amazing that people can communicate so much without saying anything. meaningful facial expressions and body movements say what a million of the most precisely-chosen words could not. if i had the ability, i would totally do a video blog consisting entirely of dance and music. unfortunately, i lack those skills i long so badly for right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment